- School of Public Policy
- Technology Policy and Assessment Center
Dr. Julia Ellen Melkers is an Associate Professor in the School of Public Policy. She teaches and conducts research in the areas of public management, organizational theory, and science and technology policy. Her current funded work addresses collaboration patterns and social networks in science, outcomes of science, and issues around career development and mentoring in STEM fields. She has conducted performance-related work for the governments of Mexico and Latvia, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the National Research Council, HUD, the States of Alaska, Georgia, Rhode Island and Maine, the City of Atlanta, and the Atlanta Urban League. She previously was on the faculty of the University of Illinois at Chicago, Georgia State University, and the University of Alaska. She earned her PhD in Public Administration at the Maxwell School at Syracuse University in 1993.
- Ph.D., Syracuse University, The Maxwell School, Public Administration
- Program Evaluation, Public Management and Administration
- S&E Organizations, Education, Careers and Workforce
- POL-1101: Government of the U.S.
- PUBP-4120: Survey Research Methods
- PUBP-6112: Research Dsgn-Polcy Sci
- PUBP-6221: Pol & Program Evaluation
- PUBP-8500: Research Seminar
- PUBP-8813: Special Topics
- PUBP-8823: Special Topics