The Georgia Tech School of Public Policy Ph.D. program is small and focused. Those interested in topics other than the four fields offered in the School's Ph.D., and those who wish to draw from the broader resources of combined faculties, may wish to consider applying to the Joint Ph.D. program offered by the Georgia Tech School of Public Policy and the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies at Georgia State University. The joint doctoral program in public policy combines the strengths of the Georgia Tech School of Public Policy and Georgia State University's Andrew Young School of Policy Studies.
Students applying to the Joint Ph.D. will apply to both programs following the program application instructions below. All documents are due January 15th for the Fall semester, which starts in August.
Program Application Instructions
The application process for the joint program requires applicants submit applications and supporting documents to both institutions. The non-refundable application fee covers the submission to both institutions (do not submit two application fees!).
Follow these steps to apply:
- Submit the application.
- Program will be listed as “Ph.D. in Public Policy (Joint Program with Georgia State University)”
- Submit the non-refundable application fee through the Georgia Tech online application.
- $75 for U.S. applicants
- $85 for international applicants
- Complete the Georgia State Fee Waiver Form to process your application fee waiver for the Georgia State application.
- Submit the Georgia State application.
- Submit transcripts, test scores, and other application materials to Georgia Tech and Georgia State University.
Andrew School of Policy Studies Mailing Address
Office of Admissions - Graduate Programs
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 4018
Atlanta, GA 30302
GRE and TOEFL Institute Code: 5251
Georgia Institute of Technology Mailing Address
Georgia Institute of Technology
631 Cherry Street, Room 318
Atlanta, GA 30332-0321
TOEFL School Code: 5248
GRE Institute Code: R5248
GRE Department Code: 80