School of Public Policy Permit Requests

Please note, each form below will open once phase I registration begins. Waitlists will be utilized and overload requests will be considered on a case by case basis.

Permits for spring and fall will be processed for students with declared School of Public Policy (S.P.P.) majors and minors during phase I registration. 

Permits for non-PUBP majors and minors for the summer will also be processed during phase I registration. Permits for spring and fall for non-PUBP majors and minors will not be processed until phase II registration begins. 

Permit requests will not be processed on weekends, holidays, or breaks. Please refer to the academic calendar for specific dates and deadlines.

Undergraduate Permits

This form will open at 12:00 am EST on the first day of phase I registration and close at 3:30 pm EST on the final day of phase II registration.

Major restrictions will be removed from most PHIL, POL, and PUBP undergraduate courses for students who have officially declared one of the following minors on Monday, April 29th by 12:00 pm EST. Major restrictions will be removed from most of the aforementioned courses and open to non-PUBP majors and minors on Monday, May 6th by 12:00 pm EST.

If you have any questions or concerns in regard to undergraduate permit requests, please contact S.P.P. Undergraduate Academics at

Undergraduate Permit Requests

Graduate Permits

This form will be available from April 15, 2024, until May 24, 2024,  at 2:00 pm EST. During Phase I, PUBP courses will be the only permits processed and priority will be given to students who are School of Public Policy majors. Permit requests submitted by non-PUBP major and minor students will be processed during Phase II. 


Phase II begins on August 8, 2024, and concludes on August 23, 2024.  Permits will not be processed during the holiday breaks and on weekends. For any permit submitted on weekends, please allow until the following Tuesday for processing.   Any questions regarding permits should be sent to

Graduate Permit Requests