- School of Public Policy
- ADVANCE IAC
- Technology Policy and Assessment Center
Dr. Cheryl Leggon is an Associate Professor in the School of Public Policy, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. She is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), and Sigma Xi.
Her research and evaluation work focuses on policies, programs and practices to increase and enhance participation of race/ethnic groups and women of color in the science and engineering workforces. Her most recent work includes: STEM and Social Justice: Teaching and Learning in Diverse Settings (Springer 2017); and “African American Engineering Deans of Majority-Serving Institutions,” in the United States,” in Changing the Face of Engineering: The African American Experience (edited by John Slaughter, Yu Tao, and Willie Pearson, Jr., Springer 2017). She has presented her research at international meetings in South Africa, Thailand, Spain, and Germany.
Before coming to Georgia Tech, she was Director of Women’s Studies and Associate Professor of Sociology at Wake Forest University; before that, a Staff Officer in the Office of Scientific and Engineering Personnel at the National Research Council, National Academy of Sciences.
- Ph.D. and M.A., University of Chicago, Sociology
- B.A., Barnard College, Columbia University, Sociology
- Program Evaluation, Public Management and Administration
- S&E Organizations, Education, Careers and Workforce
- PUBP-2012: Foundation-Public Policy
- PUBP-3201: Intro To Social Policy
- PUBP-4200: Social Policy Issues
- PUBP-4212: Women and Public Policy
- PUBP-4214: Gender,Sci,Tech&Pub Plcy
- PUBP-4410: Science,Tech& Pub Policy
- PUBP-4600: Senior Thesis
- PUBP-6401: Sci,Tech & Public Policy
- PUBP-8833: Special Topics