Academic Professional and Associate Director of Graduate Studies
- School of Public Policy
- Climate and Energy Policy Laboratory
Alice Favero is an environmental economist. She teaches and conducts research in the areas of environmental policy and economics and climate change policy and economics.
Since 2014, she has been a Visiting Assistant Professor and Lecturer at the School of Public Policy where she teaches Environmental Policy and Climate Change policy. From May 2011 to April 2013, she was a Visiting Research Assistant at the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies. She has a Ph.D. in Science and Management of Climate Change from the Economics Department of Ca’ Foscari University, Venice, Italy.
Her research focuses on the use of economic models to study how the optimal technology mix and the optimal use of land are affected by climate mitigation policies and by climate change. She has published her work in the Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists (“Using Markets for Woody Biomass Energy to Sequester Carbon in Forests”), in Resource and Energy Economics (“Trade of woody biomass for electricity generation under climate mitigation policy”), and in Energy Economics (“Investments and Public Finance in a Green, Low Carbon Economy”).
- Ph.D. in Science and Management of Climate Change, Department of Economics, Ca’ Foscari University, Venice, Italy, 2009-2013.
- Visiting Research Assistant, Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, New Haven, CT, USA, 2011-2013.
- M.Sc. Economics and Finance, Ca’ Foscari University, Venice, Italy, 2005-2007.
- Visiting Student, Harvard Summer School, Cambridge, MA, USA, 2006.
- B.A. Economics and Finance, Ca’ Foscari University, Venice, Italy, 2001-2004.
- Distinguished Teaching Award, Ivan Allen College, Georgia Tech, $1,000, 2017.
- Honors Program Professor, Georgia Tech, $2,000 (2017), $1,250 (2016).
- Food‐Energy‐Water Fellowship, Center for Serve‐Learn‐Sustain, Georgia Tech, $1,000, 2016.
- FEEM Research Paper Award, $550, 2014.
- Ph.D. Fellowship, European Social Fund, Veneto Region, Italy, $40,000, 2009‐2012.
- Energy, Climate and Environmental Policy
- PUBJ-8000: Joint GT/GSU PhD Program
- PUBP-3315: Environ Policy& Politics
- PUBP-3320: Climate Policy
- PUBP-6312: Economics-Environ Polcy
- PUBP-6350: Energy Policy & Markets
- PUBP-6354: Climate Policy
- PUBP-8813: Special Topics
- VSI: Latin America “Climate change and timber in Latin America: Will the forestry sector in flourish under climate change?”
In: Forest Policy and Economics [Peer Reviewed]
Date: December 2021
- Global forest management, carbon sequestration and bioenergy supply under alternative shared socioeconomic pathways
In: Land Use Policy v.103 [Peer Reviewed]
Date: April 2021
- Assessing the long-term interactions of climate change and timber markets on forest land and carbon storage
In: Environmental Research Letters v.16 [Peer Reviewed]
Date: January 2021